Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

International Watch Co. ? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
I picked this movement up today. Please help me identify this movement.

Posts: 855 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
posted
Dial side

Posts: 855 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
posted
Name on the dial and the movement

IHC Member 48
posted
Looked at this closer and I think it is a Huguenin & Co. since it has A Huguenin & Sons on the dial. The Watch is up for sale if anybody is interested. Does have a broken staff and main spring.

posted
Keith

An interesting movement in what i would call 'Jürgensen-style' by A. Huguenin $ sons (since 1880)
This kind of movement had been sold by many firms and i think the ebauche was made by one maker (but who made them ?) and finished and labeled by different others. It strongly resembles a 'pattern N' by IWC

The movement is also labeled 'A Huguenin & sons' at the bridges.

If you like to sell please mail me:

GZDertingen@t-online.de

Regards,
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Kieth,
Beautiful movement with many fine features, most likely manufactured by Adolf Hugenin, who were renowned for manufacturing complicated watches and who sold some of the finest movements ever made.
As far as I can remember, the company were of the ilk of Breguet and similar houses.

The company may also be associated with Faude & Hugenin AG who also started out in Le Locle, but I believe are now based in Germany.

I also seem to recall that Hugenin were bought by the Hamilton watch co in 1959!

I would say you have found yourself a very desireable and valuable timepiece there, well worth recasing!

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006