• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Moljina 3602 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is an interesting pocket that I acquired recently. It does not have the pedigree that other ones might command, but it hold its own as a true Work Horse.
This is a model 3602, 18 jewels. They also made an inferior 15 jewels, while there best was considered to be the 17 jewel made in the 1950’s.
As a side note. Moljina’s main business was making chronograph panel clocks for military aircraft. These watches where made entirely by hand. This model was developed after a very good French model of the 1940’s, the Lip R36

One thing I would like to change from this watch is the case. Even though I stated that this movement as a true work horse, I do not want to advertise this fact in my case back. Smile

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
posted
I was in Odessa a number of years ago before the collapse of the Soviet Union. At that time the government had set up "dollar stores" open only to vistors fron hard currency countries. It was a way for the Soviet Union to earn hard money as the Ruble was declining in value.

The 18J Molnija open face or hunting case could be bought for $11.00. I own one of each and found that they are very accurate timekeepers.They are an interesting novelty item, but don't seem to interest collectors.

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002