• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info Wanted.....Swiss Repeater "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Anyone know anything about this? Another one which has been laying around awhile. No markings anywhere. Works perfect and sounds great.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Movement

IHC Life Member
Picture of Cooksey Shugart
posted
Le Phare NOTE the centrifugal style governor next to balance. If it has this style governorit was made by Le Phare. Cooksey

Posts: 62 | Location: Cleveland, Tennessee USA | Registered: November 27, 2002
posted
Cooksey,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

Adam

IHC Member 660

posted
There are several recent posts regarding Le Phare repeaters, like in the last few days, on the Pocket watch board. Several interested parties have posted, with photos, and have included discussions regarding patents and patentees.

Mike

Posts: 48 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: December 24, 2005
posted
Hello Cooksey,
not all movements with an centrifugal governor were built by Le Phare. Charles Barbezat-Baillot allowed the concurrent companys to copy his patents CH-334 (US-433225) and CH-7782 without any law suits. He gave his inventions to the public. Many copied his silent centrifugal governor, some engraved their movements with the patents, others don´t. Only his name was very important to himself and so he bought all rights for his two brands DIXI and LE PHARE.
I´ve contacted Bill Kapp, who wrote an article in 1994 about this company and told him some progress in researching of my work. The difficulty situation is to complete the different produced movement types with its caliber names.
There´re also some missing links in the history after he sold his company and I´m trying to work further with some watch museums.
Best regards
Tony

Posts: 17 | Location: Konstanz, Germany | Registered: November 29, 2005