Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Minute Repeater Help????? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Can anyone tell me for sure who made this I am voting LeCoultre

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Dial is just marked Tiffany

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Nice 18K Hunting case with Jurgensen lips

posted
Wow Rob!

Wow!

I would really love to add a nice repeater to my collection, alas I can't really afford them. At least I can enjoy them thanks to posting like your Rob.

John

IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
Bob,
Using a toothpick, push up on the hammers and see if the plate underneath is marked "LeCoultre". They often marked their private label repeaters this way.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Hey Ed I remember that info from the last repeater I asked about but it is not marked under them.
Hey John unfortunately this beauty is not running up to par. As much as I would like to get it repaired and see it running perfectly I would be loosing all my profit as everyone knows these repeaters can run into serious money for repairs. Did you see my Waltham Repeater in the for sale section of 185

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The movement in your watch to some degree resembles the signed Ed. Koehn movement in a minute repeater I currently am having restored. That resemblance could be coincidental, your watch could be by Ed. Koehn, or my "Ed. Koehn" could have been made by whoever made your movement.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Rob,

Yes I saw the wonderful Watham you have for sale. It was caused me to conclude I couldn't afford them. Smile

John

IHC Life Member
posted
John Price is a little on the high side but was open to offers as I really do not want to sell it anyway. Wink

Ethan thanks for the picture but although there are simularities I do not believe they are the same maker.

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Hey old man, after all it is just money and Samie told me you have sacks of it. Big Grin

Really a beauty Rob. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
What a beauty rob, I'm always amazed at the number of gems you keep on turning up ...... whoever your sources are, guard 'em with your life Wink

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Rob,

The barrel and the striking mechanism look a lot like Touchon, but the bridges and the finish are not so close.

I wish I had more experience with these.

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I only have one Touchon minute repeater. It looks nothing like Rob's, but Touchon might have made other styles.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
The ebauche is a fairly common one for high grade repeaters.

Typically a company bought the pieces and then finished the watch (to its standards)

Unless it is marked under the dial I doubt you will ever be able to determine who made it.

Regardless of who made it,it is an unusually fine example.

Bob

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004
IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
One additional place to check for a maker's name is on the bottom of the gear train cocks, especially under the third wheel. I had a minute repeater whose maker (A. Junod) picked that spot to sign his very high grade work.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Looks like a LeCoultre Cal 43 B HC ebauche movement to me. Nice!!

Reid

Posts: 7 | Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 06, 2007
posted
Maybe a LeCoultre cal 49 based on the shape of the hammers.

Reid

Posts: 7 | Location: Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 06, 2007