Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

La vita 42.5mm dial and movement needed ?? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Hi all : My friend in Connecticut tinkers with watches. He has his grandfather's watch, a La Vita with a badly damaged 42.5mm dial. He is very ill with M.S. so I told him I would try to help him find a dial and or movement and dial.Thanks in advance for your assistance,Tom

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Tom

Can you be more specific about the watch and/or show a picture. Just 'La Vita' says nothing to me.

Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Tom gave me two pictures of the watch, which I resized :

first the total messed dial:

posted
The second picture shows parts of the movement.

It is a 'Roskopf-type' (swiss) movement with pin escapement - the swiss 'dollar - watch'. I think the watch was made for the italian market and a dial with La Vita is not to find. For the 'roskopf' related watche it will be hard to find parts, to many manufactures copied this type of watch.
Has someone of us a movement like this in his drawer ?

Regards,
Gerald

posted
Hello Guys
I just wanted to post better looking photos of my Granddads Pocket watch
Maybe someone may have a movement I could buy from them, and maybe the watch Dial, I Thank You
Rick

Americo Rizzuti

Posts: 46 | Location: Connecticut in the USA | Registered: January 09, 2010
posted
Americo, I have a box full of Roskopf movements and parts, and there are a couple in bits that appear similar to your watch.
I've some dials too, but none inscribed LaVita - but that's a fairly easy fix, because nearly all Roskopf watches had painted or paper dials, very few were enamel.

What is actually wrong with yours and what parts do you need to fix yours up?
John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006