Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1/4 hour Repeater with a story to tell "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I have to show you folks this one i got at the ky. show this weekend ..it is a 1/4 hour repeater in a 14kt case the winding stem was loose and it would fall out of the case when i bought it,,

Here is the story and this time a true one ,early friday morning i took a look at a dozen or so low grade watches that a old clock collecter had in a box and almost walked on when i spotted this watch...I seen the price tag and thought this must be a gold plated case or the guy has put the wrong price on it,,i picked it up and saw that it was a gold case and a rerpeater i asked is this the price and he said yes that,s right ,at this point i am thinking the guy has still not looked good at the price by now there is a couple of guys standing beside me also looking at the watch,,i handed the watch back to him the second time and asked is this the price and he said yes 275.00, i said it,s okay but is going to need some work would you take 250.00 and he replaied i hate to but yes pay me..As i walked off one of the guys that was watching me buy the watch said i can not belive that you bought the watch that cheap and sure can,t belive that you asked him to lower the price..

Today i was able to get the stem back in and put a little oil on the pivots and it took off running it,s lazy but runs and repeats just fine,i am still trying to figure out why someone would price a 16 size gold case watch of any kind for 275.00,,It,s a low grade repeater but heck i would buy another at 275.00 and not try to get the price down to 250.00.. Big Grin Wink

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Good Deal Samie I am glad someone is getting some good buys. Big Grin

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Big Grin I figure by now, you are remorseful that you took adavantage of another old man and want to return the watch. Right? Wink

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
Samie,
That's a fantastic deal! I should have paid more attention when you mentioned it on Friday, but I was still in shock from locking my keys in my car. How stupid is that? I got my AAA dues back in a hurry this year.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Samie,

That is a really nice looking repeater and obviously a real steal of a price. Glad it found a good home. Smile

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006