Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss Tacy (?) Award Watch for Baseball "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Was at a dinner last night and the hostess brought out this cute 12s Swiss award watch. At first I thought it was a Swiss fake, but now I'm thinking it was just a nice trophy for someone.

Any additional information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Evan

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
The works...

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
The fob, presumably engraved with the recipient's name "Wakeman"?...

IHC Life Member
posted
The other side of the fob "Champs C S M 27 28"...

IHC Life Member
posted
The other other side (bottom) of the fob Spalding insignia...

IHC Life Member
posted
I found reference to a semi-pro baseball team Wakeman Redhats in Ohio from the 30s through the 50s. Perhaps the that is the Wakeman on the fob?

posted
Evan

A swiss movement from the mid/late 20's made by Tavannes/Cyma = Tacy; export movement made for the American market and likely cased in an American watch case.
There are always questions about the sidewinder configuration but this watch seems to be originally made as is.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009