• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Yes, I admit it, I've done it again "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have seen this movement and I wanted it, as always I couldn't resist ... I admit to have been writing those words more than once. My last temptation is in the picture: it is NICE, in my eyes, bau actually I have no idea of what I bought. Hallmarking was unreadable, only thing clear London import marks, a lever KW/KS for UK, 15j could easily be about 1900, but balance wheel is not split and escape wheel seems peculiar, wolf tooth. Any suggestion, please ?
Many many thanks !

Posts: 277 | Location: Cardano al Campo in Italy | Registered: March 29, 2008
posted
Hi Mario

For sure you have an eye for the unusual !
Nice find.
Don't know if you need some information about Russell or Russell and Son. Started as watchmaker 1848 they were late trader, watchmaker and sole traders of swiss and american watches at the end branches in US and Canada. The waterwheel (somtimes with tempus fugit)was their trademark.
The watch is very interesting and I am curious to see more pictures esp. from the escapement.
Looks like a very late KW/KS. Where did you get it from? Maybe you like to post the item number. The small rimed wheels suggest higher quality than usual. The wolf-teeth are either an illusion or ( more likely) a ruined ratched wheel caused by trying to wind 'British' (=counterclockwise). Certainly swiss the dial is unusual fixed with side screws.

Waiting for more
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Hi Gerald. all I can tell you for now is 220507651006 the ebay number. Hope you can find out more that I did: my plan, up to nopw, is to give a glance below the dial as soon as I get it.
Thanks & regards
Mario

Posts: 277 | Location: Cardano al Campo in Italy | Registered: March 29, 2008
posted
Mario

Sterling silver; London import mark; 1919 (gothic 'd'?); GS = George Stockwell

Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009