• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watson Brothers Canadian Private Label "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up a 16S Watson Private Label Watch at an antique shop in Marietta, GA this past Thursday. I am currently out on a business trip and don't have any reference info with me. The dial is marked: Regina; Watson Bros: Calgary. The movement is also marked Watson Brothers; 17 jewel, serial number 3,090,168.

Will advise more later, including pics when I get back home next week.

Posts: 24 | Location: Minden, Nevada U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2006
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Richard:

There are other pictures of Watson Brothers private-label watches, and their store on pages 1, 3, and 6 in the Chapter 185 Photo Gallery under CANADIAN private-label watches.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Larry:

I had previously looked at the other Watson Bros. watches in the Canadian Private Label section. It is what really peaked my interest in this watch when I ran across it - attached to this post is the picture of the movement. In the following post will be a picture of the dial.

posted
The dial to the above movement.

posted
Any help identifying who actually manufactured the movement would be appreciated.

IHC Life Member
RR Watch Expert
Picture of Ed Ueberall
posted
I believe that your watch was made by Omega.
Omega used the trade name "Regina" on some of their low to medium grade movements sold in Canada.

Ed Ueberall
IHC Member 34
The Escapement

Posts: 620 | Location: Pooler, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Ed:

Thank you for your response and info. -

Richard Thomas