• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Private label Vacheron information wanted "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I've had this PL Vacheron in my collection for some time now and have yet to gain any information of the PL marking of Woods & Hosley. Any information would be greatly appreciated. The dial and movement are both marked simply "Woods & Hosley".
Also, any help on what patent's correspond to the listed patent dates on the movement would be helpful. Thank you, Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
Hi Ray, nice VC you got there. I don't have any answers to the questions you've raised, instead I have more questions myself after viewing the pics. It looks like the mustausch lever fork is made from a copper-like material, or perhaps even gold, which is something I've never seen on a VC movement (there are plenty VC with this design but never in this material). In addition, the serial number is quite peculiar, I've never seen any VC with a letter in its serial number, as you have here 2S82184. I think the fact that they didn't engrave the maker's mark in addition to all these anomalies, makes this a very unique VC. Also, the stop works appears to be missing the hub half.

Posts: 19 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area USA | Registered: October 30, 2007
posted
Ben,
I've been told that the "s" in the serial number sequence means Special. I don't know if it is the movement itself that is special or the private label marking that makes it special.
I believe the mustache lever is in fact gold. I never paid much attention to it because this is the first Vacheron I have owned.

Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006