• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help with Swiss PW parts "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I am looking for a balance staff for a Tavennes Watch Co. OF 17j PW measures 41.85mm or 1.645 in. Serial no. 2769345 U.S. Pat. 24 May 1904. anyone any ideas?
Thanks, John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
posted
Hi John,
Do you have the model #.
Are you sure 41.85mm seems quite long.
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Hi Mel,
The dimension 41.85mm is the pillar plate diameter. As with all Swiss made (?)watches I'm having a problem identifying the model. The "big" book lists only 4 Tavennes pocket watches (two are hunter case) and none seem to fit the descript of this one that I have. At one time of day turning a new one would not have been a problem however age and the inherent lack of physical dexterity that comes with it rule out this approach. I was hoping to find a production made staff in much the same manner as one would find one for an American made pocket watch but maybe my hopes are set high in this regard as there seems to be a perceived lack of interest in Swiss made pocket watches. Regardless I thank you for your interest in my problem.
John

Posts: 299 | Location: Mount Brydges, Ontario, Canada | Registered: November 10, 2005
posted
41.85 =18 lines and half it doesn't help a lot.with a photo perhaps it is easier to identify the exact caliber.
regards enrico

Posts: 25 | Location: Torino in Italy | Registered: January 28, 2014
posted
Enrico, Currently I am away from my watches and a camera . I will respond shortly. Thank you, John