• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A. Lange & Söhne "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recently joined the club as an opportunist, seeking to sell a pair of high end A. Lange & Söhne pocket watches. Perhaps I'm in the wrong club? A search on many of the forums turns up blank when conducting a search for "A. Lange & Söhne". Can anyone offer any guidance? Thank you.

I managed to post one picture. If anyone is interested in more I'd be glad to e-mail them all 17 shots. It turns out on closer inspection that the second wat, the smaller of the two, has M. Silberthau printed on the face rather than A Lange & Sohne. I've been told that the larger watch is 18ct and the smaller is 14ct. All of this would need to be confirmed.

Posts: 4 | Location: Duluth, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: December 13, 2012
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
many collectors of Lange & Sohne watches lurk everywhere ,including here!! Pictures and descriptions would sure help !!! Wink

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Peter, just do a search for one word and you will find much more. I did a search on Lange and found quite a few postings.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008
posted
Yes, Bruce. One word at a time. Thank you.
And Tom. I have some pictures I'll try and get posted. Thanks very much for the replys.

Posts: 4 | Location: Duluth, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: December 13, 2012
posted
I'm far from a computer whiz but I've uploaded pictures to many websites in the past. This site has me stumped. Is there a peculiarity here obvious to the computer literate? Help.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Peter::: send me your phone # private email to my address which you can obtain by clicking on my name to the left in any post.and I will call and explain the uploading sequence to you,it's actually fairly easy,Tom

actually after typing your copy, you just click on the phrase"click to add etc" then click (choose file) then choose the picture from your hard drive and click on it--then click POST NOW - the system takes small jpeg pictures

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Peter, Posting pictures here at 185 is explained in this post. posting pictures on 185

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
posted
I'm getting there. I talked with Tom Brunton in Ontario and together we discovered that, although my pics were already downsized to 640 by 640, they were still too large. I'll find some help in downsizing them further and try again.

IHC Life Member
posted
Peter, the largest dimension on the photo can't be more than 500. I have a Mac and my photos are in iPhoto. All I do is highlight the photo, pull down the menu for exporting the file, designate the size as 500, then export it to my desktop. From there I just use the normal routine for posting the pic on the 185. Good luck.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate New York in the USA | Registered: November 21, 2008