Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

U. Nardin dress pocket watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
U. Nardin dress pocket watch?

Is it fair to say that this is a dress watch (50 cm case w/o crown, Sterling), or was there another application? Can I assume the button above the crown is solely for opening the case? 1920s vintage? I'd be grateful for any and all information about it. Thanks in advance.

ken h.

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
movement:

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
dial:

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Ken, I am not a Ulysse Nardin expert, but your watch looks like a typical "ordinary" example. It does not look like a deck watch and, being a hunter, it wouldn't be an RR watch by US standards. So, I guess that makes it a dress watch. As for the age, of my three Ulysse Nardins, your watch most closely resembles a 14k hunter that I date to around 1920. The movements seem identical except that my watch has a jeweled center wheel and a micrometer whiplash regulator. See the photo below.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
I see that. Thanks!