Internet Horology Club 185
Tight Bezel

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/717109382

May 10, 2010, 16:46
Leslie A. Tasker
Tight Bezel
Hi Can someone help me out on this, I put this watch in to a watch repairers hands in Feb, for a clean and service, Got it back today minus the second hand, it’s keeping good time, I have a couple of second hands that may fit ? But I can’t get the bezel off don’t know whether it is a snap on or a screw on, any ideas that may help would be appreciated

May 10, 2010, 16:46
Leslie A. Tasker
face

May 10, 2010, 16:47
Leslie A. Tasker
side

May 10, 2010, 17:14
Steve Middlesworth
Leslie,

It looks like a snap on bezel and near the 1 O'clock position can you see a slight opening between the case and bezel? If so, this is were a case knife would be used to get in and pop the bezel off. You can also use a pocket knife but be careful and don't cut yourself.

If you just had it cleaned and the bezel won't budge trying to unscrew it, then it is probably a snap on bezel.

Steve
May 11, 2010, 04:37
Krister Olsson
Hi
I agree. It´s probably a snap on bezel. If you can´t find an opening at one o´clock, just check the rest of the perimeter. The cut or what´s it called is on the bezel and can therefore be anywhere. If you use anything but a case knife, make sure it´s not too sharp because not only can you hurt yourself but you will scratch the case and/or the dial.
Krister