• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tight Bezel "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Can someone help me out on this, I put this watch in to a watch repairers hands in Feb, for a clean and service, Got it back today minus the second hand, it’s keeping good time, I have a couple of second hands that may fit ? But I can’t get the bezel off don’t know whether it is a snap on or a screw on, any ideas that may help would be appreciated

Posts: 107 | Location: Liverpool, England | Registered: November 27, 2009
posted
face

posted
side

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Leslie,

It looks like a snap on bezel and near the 1 O'clock position can you see a slight opening between the case and bezel? If so, this is were a case knife would be used to get in and pop the bezel off. You can also use a pocket knife but be careful and don't cut yourself.

If you just had it cleaned and the bezel won't budge trying to unscrew it, then it is probably a snap on bezel.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Hi
I agree. It´s probably a snap on bezel. If you can´t find an opening at one o´clock, just check the rest of the perimeter. The cut or what´s it called is on the bezel and can therefore be anywhere. If you use anything but a case knife, make sure it´s not too sharp because not only can you hurt yourself but you will scratch the case and/or the dial.
Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009