Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual 'copper' cased pocket watch? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 3058
Picture of Douglas Downer-Smith
posted
Hello all, I have what I feel to be an unusual pocket watch as the case is 'copper' - judging by the colour. The watch is working and times well and is an English Lever Fusee movement but carries no dial, movement or case markings as to maker. It is jewelled and the balance staff end stone is set in steel and is a hemisperical diamond with curved upperpart cut in triangular facets. The watch case is well made. I would like to know if others have come across anything similar to possibly know more about why this watch was cased in such material. I would welcome any views or comments, thank you. Regards, Douglas.

Doug

Posts: 19 | Location: Hemel Hempstead in the United Kingdom | Registered: November 12, 2010
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks Douglas for sharing this watch with us!

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 3058
posted
Case back....

Doug

Posts: 19 | Location: Hemel Hempstead in the United Kingdom | Registered: November 12, 2010
IHC Member 3058
posted
Case back open.....

Doug

IHC Member 3058
posted
Movement...

Doug

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I can honestly say I've NEVER seen a case like that, Douglas! Eek Thank you for sharing it!!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Ive seen some compasses in somewhat similar cases. i've also seen some barometric altimeters in them

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010