• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help to ID maker "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all, i am looking at this, in about 5hrs time. The owner is the related to the Maker. Aley London. If any one has any more information on the watchmaker that would be awesome

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
dial side

posted
case. the hallmark is that Birmingham Essay marking? case age?

IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Francis> Interesting watch ! Not to sure what to think of it. I have never seen an Assay Office Mark like that. Appears to be the some sort of star wars like creature and not consistant with anything I have seen. I believe the Standard mark would indicate an English made silver case but it appears to me to be rather crude. The date letter might?? be 1835 or 1875. but neither look quit right to me. The CH might be Charles Horner, Chester 1884 or Charlis Harris 1878 ???.
Overall the whole set of marks look a little "off" to me. Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will join in with some input.
I am assumming this is a fusee watch from third quarter 1800's. Is it possible to see a picture of the side of the movement showing fusee and pillars??, Do you think this movement is original to this case or could it be a recase???John

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
posted
found the information on the makers Charles Augustine Petterman Aley 1839-1869. Parkside Knightbridge . the case marking are genuine silver the alien is a Leopard case is 1875 i believe.