• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can you help identify this movement? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
It appears to be swiss made, open face, approx 12 size or 40mm fitted in a wristwatch case. Marked Adjusted, Director, 15873, and on the balance cock it is marked Patented 1877. I wouldn’t think that the movement was originally engraved with the Director marking but the glued down dial is also marked director and not original to the watch.
The original dial feet positions would be at the 9 and 38.5 min marks.
Thank you,
Ray

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
another of the movement, appears to be 15 jewel

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
and the dial side

posted
Ray,
I would say that looks like an OMEGA movement.
Mike

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
Thank you Mike, I will start there. Been looking in the watch guides that I have but no luck since they only show a few of the swiss movements.
Ray

posted
Check top picture in the fat book, page 534. The regulator is a dead ringer, but the click is different. Maybe your is an earlier model. I'd say it was a very fine watch for its time, wouldn't you?

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
posted
It seems to be a very nice movement indeed. Shame it was put into a wristwatch case. Whoever reconfigured the setting mechanism did a fine job though.

posted
Putting these smaller pocket watch sizes in wrist watch cases with glass backs is a rage these days, I understand. Someone is making wrist watch cases for 10s Hamiltons now.
M.