• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

1/4 Dumb Repeater Info of maker wanted "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This repeater which I believe is fairly rare as not only being a Dumb repeater but has the extra feature of center seconds. I can't trace any information on the internet. Dial signed Nob.
Gottfried Josephu(s?} Komlosy. Fecit Pestini
There are two dots above the "Y" c. 1800 Plunge repeat. Fusee and Cylinder escapement .

josbern

Posts: 19 | Location: Johannesburg in South Africa | Registered: August 08, 2014
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Picture of dial....

Louis Joselowitz
posted July 11, 2015 08:47

Picture of 1/4 Dumb Repeater

Posts: 5206 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Movement of the Dumb repeater .

josbern

Posts: 19 | Location: Johannesburg in South Africa | Registered: August 08, 2014
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Louis,

A very nicely finished Swiss Ébauche from about 1800 as you stated. Very difficult to track down the maker as few records of Swiss/French ebauche supliers/finishers exist. Although the center seconds complication makes it quite unique today, the watch is not technically rare or important as many others like it were made during the same period. That being said, it is rare enough to influence value by quite a bit, and add to that its beautiful finish and apparent fine condition.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
Many thanks William for your input. The pictures don't do the watch justice . It is quite thick having a very high dome glass to accommodate the center second hand . Thickness 26 mm Diam. 54 mm. A very nice addition to my collection. Louis

josbern