Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Perret & Co/Early Swiss 12S "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Again Gerald: I forgot to ask you about the Handel Movement. How does this fit with the regular bridge movement of the 1860'-80's. Thanks, Sam

Posts: 96 | Location: Waynesville, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 14, 2011
posted
The watch was intented to the english speaking customer. (I think it has the S(low) F(ast) markings on the balance cock too. British people were used to set a keywound watch from the front and so the swiss makers marked the hand - setting position. The writing is just 'hands'

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Thanks Gerald and this makes sense. Another observation is that the watch winds counter clockwise. Is this typical of the age?

Posts: 96 | Location: Waynesville, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: April 14, 2011
posted
Sam

You got me confused. These watches wind clockwise and the picture of the movement does not tell me otherwise. ?

Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Sorry Gerald, I was thinking of the verge/fuse. Will forward picture of movement soon. Please bear with me and Happy New Year! Sam