Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Goodman Brothers 17j Longine OF Pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Joseph Boone
posted
Anyone know anything about this watch? I don't really deal with the euro watches very much and couldn't find this one in the big book. Any ideas on value, age etc? I was thinking to list in the auction section but thought I should get some info first.

Posts: 379 | Location: Charlotte, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: August 10, 2012
Picture of Joseph Boone
posted

Posts: 379 | Location: Charlotte, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: August 10, 2012
posted
SIZE? look under the wheel for a size, i.e. 18.89

it looks nice, what is the serial number?

no name dial, if it runs, a typical longines like this is 60-100 on ebay

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
Picture of Joseph Boone
posted
Andy, 19.71 with a serial of 2780807

The scaled down photos don't do it justice. It is a nice watch and runs strong.

posted
1912, nice size, 3 fingered - if it is beautiful as you say, 120-140 maybe but it is not that uncommon, that is the issue and they go nuts for longines wrist watches, the pockets seem less desirable. that said, all it takes is two bidders and you may do double. Good luck with it, I personally love them.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Buffalo, New York in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2009
Picture of Joseph Boone
posted
Thanks Andy. I may list it in the members auction area.