• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss watches for Turkish Railways "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have never been able to confirm whether watches were supplied for everyday railway use, or were presentations for long service/retirement.

I believe Serkisof sourced the railway's watches for some time (possibly still do?) and placed orders with a number of Swiss companies. All bear the same case back design of the Turkish crescent, a locomotive and the TCDD logo.

I have also encountered a number of sites that state that Cortebert were suppliers to several state railways including; Poland, Serbia, Turkey, Egypt and Italy (badged Perseo).

In the last couple of years I have managed to acquire half a dozen TCDD pocket watches of different makes. I also have Cortebert watches for Polish, Turkish and Italian railways. Still looking for Serbia and Egypt !

I will try to take and post pictures over the next few days.

Posts: 16 | Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom | Registered: September 04, 2010
posted
and case back ...

Posts: 16 | Location: Huddersfield, United Kingdom | Registered: September 04, 2010
posted
Though the Molnijas don't get used on a regular basis, all the TCDD and Cortebert watches do.

I have bought several waistcoates (vests)and wear one all the time I'm not at work (uniformed occupation) with a different watch each day.