• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Advice needed "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought this in a flea market in Budapest, liked it because it 'seems' complete, original glass crystal/dial and a rather nice niello case. Unsigned but it's marked Swiss. My problem lies with getting the mvmnt out of the case have taken out retaining screws and the winder but the mvmnt will not budge, it turns a little in both directions ( about 15 deg) can anyone help with how I go about this dont want to 'push' from the face side for obvious reasons
Help!!!!!
By the way in keeps good time but always stoips at 14:53 or 7 minutes to 3 in old money
Have attached some pics cos I know they always help

TJP

Posts: 83 | Location: Sleepy Sussex, United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2008
posted
another

TJP

Posts: 83 | Location: Sleepy Sussex, United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2008
posted
another 1

TJP

posted
another 2

TJP

posted
another 3

TJP

Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Hi Terry, Try this, you will need to take the front bezel off (snap or screw off) and then the movement should slide out thru the front. Let us know if you need anything else.

Leon Harris

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
quote:
can anyone help with how I go about this dont want to 'push' from the face side for obvious reasons

Remove the front bezel and push gently from movement side.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Many thanks Chris and Leon, just a gentle 'push' and Bobs your uncle, came out perfectly. Appreciate your guidance

BEST

T

TJP