Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Wittnauer I need help identifying "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Michael O'Brien
posted
I picked this movement up at a watch show last month because I have never seen one before. It is very clean and has good balance but what is it?

The movement is marked

Wittnauer Watch Co Inc
Seven 7 Jewels
Swiss
Unadjusted

The movement is 19 Lignes

Posts: 155 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: April 13, 2009
posted
Dial Side

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I wonder if it isn't some kind of bank vault timer, or something like that.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
HELLO TOM, WHAT I BELIEVE YOU HAVE IS A WITTENOUR AIRCRAFT CLOCK I HAVE CLEANED AND REPAIRED SEVERAL OF THESE FOR AN AIRCRAFT SALVAGE COMPANY THEY ARE REALLY HIGH QUALITY ITEMS. IT WOULD BRING A GOOD PRICE ON EBAY. TAKE CARE EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mike

Eddie is right, mine was just a guess

Here is a link to some more info & photos;

http://mvheadrick.free.fr/photos/aircraft.html

Tom

dial

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Eddie, does it look complete? What do you think its worth?

Tom, Great link

Thanks for the help

posted
GREETINGS MICHAEL, FROM WHAT I CAN SEE IT LOOKS COMPLETE, THOSE CLOCKS ARE REALLY GOOOD TIME KEEPERS THAT IS AN EARLIER WITTENOUR THE LATER ONES ARE MADE BY REVUE THOMAN AND THEY ARE NOT AS DELICATE AS THIS ONE. IF YOU HAD A COMPLETE CLOCK THE VALUE WOULD BE APPROX. 290.00 TO 350.00. I HAVE SOME CASES AND DIALS THAT BELONG TO THE SALAGE CO. IF THEY BARE WILLING TO PART WITH THEM I WILL SELL YOU A CASE DIAL AND HANDS HOWEVER IT IS THEIR PARTS LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CHECK ON IT. IS THE BALANCE STAFF INTACT? TAKE CARE. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
Hi Eddie,

Yes the balance is good. Please check with the to see how much they would want. It sounds like it is worth more complete than in parts.

Mike

posted
GREETINGS MIKE, I CHECKED WITH THE AIR CRAFT SALVAGE CO. AND THEY WILL NOT SELL ANY PARTS. IF IN THE FUTURE THAT CHANGES I WILL LET YOU KNOW. EDDIE

posted
Thanks Eddie,

Would they like to buy the movement? If so how much?

Mike

posted
GREETINGS MIKE, I TALKED TO THE SALVAGE CO. THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN THE MOVEMENT. PERHAPS LATER. TAKE CARE. EDDIE