• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Golay, Fils & Stahl "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Posted on American Watch site.... I think it should be here. Anyone have any ideas on this watch?

Posts: 105 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2011
posted
The movement

Posts: 105 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2011
posted
The case. 18K Gold

posted
Hunting case

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I have a generally similar 18k Mathey-Tissot hunter. The dial is intended for use by doctors. I think the idea was for a doctor to start the stop watch and count heart beats, 20 in the case of your watch, 30 in the case of my watch, and then stop the timer. The number at the end of the sweep seconds hand would show the heart beats per minute. For example, if it took 20 seconds to count to 20 heartbeats, the number at the end of the sweep seconds hand should be -- and is -- 60 on your watch. Since my watch dial was designed for 30 heartbeat counts, if it took 30 seconds to count 30 heartbeats, the number at the end of the sweep seconds hand on my watch should be, and is, 60.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
posted
Ethan is quite right...calculé pour 20 pulsations says it all!...calculated for 20 pulses

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009
posted
Maker and any idea of value??