WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  European Pocket Watch Forum    Looking to Verify this is a Longines caliber 21.59 Chronometer (Marked "Michie Bros.)
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looking to Verify this is a Longines caliber 21.59 Chronometer (Marked "Michie Bros.) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I I purchased this with a another running watch. This one had a stuck back and I did not know what it was. I have it running now it was just gummed up. After a good bit of research I cam to the conclusion it is a Longines 18s or 21 liegns 21 jewel Certified Chronometer caliber 21.59. I would very much like for someone who knows about these European watches to verify my research.

Thanks,
Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
next

IHC Member 1610
posted
last

posted
Longines it is. It's like my 21.29 in my Swiss pocket mov't parts drawer.

Posts: 653 | Location: St Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: May 04, 2004
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you William. I was pretty sure it was as I found a Chronometer mounted in a ships wooden box suspended bu for arms. It was a ships clock and looked just like mine except I believe it was 17j and mine is 21j. It said it was a caliber 21.59 so I don't know if the 21j is a different number but I assume the caliber 21.59 would be very close.

Thanks again William,
Harry