• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tissot, Mathey, Cyma ... Prima: help please "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a watch signed PRIMA, and I thought that PRIMA was a trade mark of Mathey Freres & Co, but Mathey Freres is very elusive, I couldn't find out definite infos about. Then I stepped into Mathey-Tissot and things got more fuzzy. Finally the movement looks very close to Cyma 19-B, closer than any other movement I've been able to find out. Here's a picture of the movement. Could you kindly give me some advice, is Mathey in link somehow to Cyma or ... ?

Posts: 277 | Location: Cardano al Campo in Italy | Registered: March 29, 2008
posted
the Cyma style is true also for the hidden side of base plate: in any case there is a "319" engraved on it. I guess 319 is the caliber number. There is no serial name, neither below dial nor on the visible side of movement. Any suggestion please?

posted
Mario

know you know 'ranfft'. Have a look at Revue kaliber 51 : balancecock + micro-regulator are identical; plate and finish are different, the wheel configuration seems to be the same I tried to find a frontside view of the movement but failed.
Somewhere in my head is a connection of Revue or Thommen or GT to prima.

Regards Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Hi Gerald. I found your kind answer only now ... sorry. Well, meanwhile it came out that Prima was a product line of Didisheim family, together with Marvin & Lancet plus a score of other trade marks they used in different years. Incidentally Rolex Prima was part of this line.
Thanks again for your help