WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fascinating video - by Steffen Pahlow - Pocket watch Case "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
http://www.youtube.com/user/sp...ature=em-uploademail

If I was 40 years younger, this would be my pursuit.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I have watched a few of his videos. His series on rebuilding a Glashutte M. Gobmann was very cool.

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of George Ulrich
posted
what a true craftsman unbelievable

Posts: 119 | Location: Alton, Illinois in the USA | Registered: April 16, 2013
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I'm so impressed. I'm 54 do you think I could apprentice for him.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Go for it Gene!
You only live once.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Wow, an incredidible amount of work. A question for anyone who might know. The dial that was on it originally, with the small glass window exposing the escapement. Would that have been original to the watch or added later ?

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006
posted
The original dial never had a glas window!
It is possible that the dial with the roman numerals was originaly with the watch but the window was a later alteration to expose the ruby cylinder.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
Thanks Gerald, I thought that might be the case. That was a beautiful restoration

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006