Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help! OMEGA or what? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This is an "Anchor" (American style) lever escapement Double Roller s/n 1507262 Private Label Swiss-made Micro-regulated RR grade watch (I Think) with plate cuts that are "Omega-ish". Who can help me I.D. This please?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Nice Canadian A.W.C.Co. "Fortune" Case and Flawless Hands and Dial! Pvt Label signed on the movement is F.E.Blackmer Fredericton, New Brunswick. Excellent workmanship overall. Needs cleaning and service.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Watchmaker
Picture of Gene Furry
posted
David,

Looks like the odds are about 99.9% that you've got a Longines. Check out eBay item 280219104535 for more pics. Note the cutout/relief for the click. Appears to be identical.

Gene

Posts: 54 | Location: Southeastern Texas in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Dave,

Here are three out of my parts draw to compare against, wonder if the top one worked as is

If you need any parts let me know

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Chris and Gene, Thanks to both of you. The Longines confirms it. That is definetly a match, and also it dates about right . . c.a. 1904-5 for the case and stuff.

posted
David,

The micrometer regulator and screwed in centre jewel smacks of Zenith / Favre Leuba to me, it may be worth you researching that line rather than Omega/Longines!.

I have a very similar movement in storage in the Uk, will post a pic next week when I'm back there.
(presently in France).

Best regards
John.

PS. Congrats on the appointment to moderator, Well Done!
JW.

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006