• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Langendorf Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Langendorf pocket watch I would like to know more about. The plates look like they are made of aluminum and the case looks to be made of steel. I'm frsh out of projects right now,so this is my next victim.

Larry

Front

Posts: 225 | Location: Belmont, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 09, 2004
posted
Another picture of dial.

Larry

Another picture of dial

posted
Here is the movement.

Larry

Movement

posted
Here is the case makers mark.

Larry

Case Mark

posted
Larry, I have one of those in 18S. Mine has a cylinder escapement. I found mine in the bottom of a junk box, and also used it for a project on a lazy day. As you can see in the pic, mine has a different plate design, but the same damasceening pattern. mine has no SN, and I have no info on the company.

Tom

posted
This one also has a cylindar escapement. It already runs,but I need to clean and oil it. I also would like to find a bezel and a set of hands for it.

Larry

posted
Larry, I had to find hands for mine too. If you notice, the center post is quite small. For a minute hand, I found an old dollar watch hand, bored it out a little, and it fit.

Good luck, Tom

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
I have wondered about this company for a long time and never could find anything.

Until Now!

It's a name listed under

American-Swiss Watch Co.
New York (out of business)

in a 1915 Trademark Book.

The book shows the same trademark as the one you posted, along with other trademarks including an Owl with a Pocket watch in it's beak, similar to Adolphe Schneider - Max Freund & Co New york.

Bottom Line, it's Swiss.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Thanks Sheila. It's been a while since I worked on that one. I did get it cleaned a running,but that was all. Other projects came along and the Langendorf got push to the back burner.

Larry

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi Lawrence,

I have noticed a lot of questions on this watch again, so I thought I would post about it, when I did a search on it in here, and found the old post.
I had just received a new (old) book of Trademarks, and there it was!
I'm glad to hear you restored the watch, especially one that we have a hard time finding out about. "It's a Good Thing"

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004