Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Verneta pocket watch. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Hi all I just pick up in very bad shape
Verneta pocket watch broken hour hand and chip on face.I never hear of this name looks like Swiss
movement any one knows any think on this Verneta
size 16 .
Thanks for the help.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
posted
movement

IHC Life Member
posted
Hi Peter.
You are right in assuming it's a Swiss watch. I've been searching the net for additional info on your watch, but came up with virtually nothing except for Oprah Winfrey's sister. They usually have two back lids. (The watches, that is).If so, is there anything written on the inner one? From the looks of the movement, it is a low jewel count, average quality, pin set, stem wind ebauche movement from around 1900 give or take some ten years.
Regards, Krister

Edit: It was Oprah's mother, not sister. There was also a FLOTUS look-a-like. Not bad, but no pocket watch.

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
Thank you . Smile

posted
I am quite sure this watch was made by my grandfather (Arist Girardin, 1873-1938) in Switzerland. He was a watch maker, the old fashion way! I was just putting some things away and decided to do a search on Verneta. I never found anything before but the Internet keeps growing!
I am attaching a photo that might interest you.

My grandfather at his bench + logo

Posts: 1 | Location: Colorado in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2015
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Thanks for sharing the information about your grandfather! Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002