Tools
Reply to Post

16sz Unknown ?? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Hi group !!

Would anyone know what we have here ??

Is it just a common generic, or would it have any collectibility ??

It's in a sterling case, is pin~set, has unique hands, is 50mm's or close to 2", and works great. That's all that I know !!

If anyone can clue me in, please feel free to comment. I'm also interested in an estimate as to value.

Thanks for your time and help !!

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Picture 2;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Picture 3;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Picture 4;

IHC Life Member
Picture of Richard M. Jones
posted
Hi Buster, I would guess an early Longines,possibly for a South American market with the pin set and sterling case (but it doesn't have the movement corrosion often seen on watches from S.A.). Not a common generic by any means. I think it should be worth $175 and I will generously offer you $50 for it!

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
I wanted to add that the beveled plates and steel escape wheel are nice and show quality. Further, I may be off base on the South American market guess because the dial is not marked and most of the S.A. Longines have attractive Spanish or Portugese dial markings.

Deacon

Posts: 1004 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: February 14, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thanks for your wisdom Deacon !!

I have listed it for sale in IHC For Sale items and tried to put a middle of the road price on it. Here is the link :

Early Longines

regards,
bb

IHC Life Member
posted
Buster your watch has recieved A COA and I am happy to report it is a fine runner. It is a Longines product. I like the watch and it is a good carry watch.

Deacon