Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
http://home.comcast.net/~hfhock2/SPW100.htm
I hope someone can help me in identifying this Watch.
Thanks Hubert

Posts: 21 | Location: Denver, Colorado in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2009
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
I am reasonably sure the movement is by C.H. Meylan, which I collect. I have only seen this style Meylan movement in Bailey Banks & Biddle PLs. I have three examples of such watches in my collection.

One is nearly identical to the watch in your photos, #21,946, in an 18k OF case. Its hands and dial also are identical to the those of the watch in your photos. The movement is stamped "C.H. Meylan Switzerland" on the plate to the left of the balance wheel. I have included a photo of the signature, but it is hard to read.

The other two examples I have of this design are 0 size watches. They seem more common than the larger size. One is in a very nice 14k Jeannot & Shiebler OF case. The other is a movement I rescued, restored, and recased in a nice 14k ygf case that formerly housed an Elgin 7 jewel watch. Both are signed Bailey Banks & Biddle on the dial and movement, but neither movement is signed C.H. Meylan.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005