Internet Horology Club 185
G.Tomlin(e?) Hinckley movement jewelled to center

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/4283938067

April 16, 2011, 07:51
Tom Brunton
G.Tomlin(e?) Hinckley movement jewelled to center
This is an oddball movement my friend wants identified ,with an odd winding mechanism with a gear on the movement edge. I can find nothing on the maker however I remember John Woolsey doing posts on this movement type but I can't find them!! Confused any information I could relay to my friend appreciated, and perhaps it will encourage him to join our stalwart band Big Grin Also,I got an email from John Woolsey ,and it seems that both he and particularly his wife, have been struggling with health issues for some time now. I'm sure the entire membership of this intrepid band wish them a full recovery, and many healthy years to go !!! Slainte Mhath,John and the Mrs,my very best wishes for your complete,and speedy recovery, your wisdom is sadly missed here on your old posting groundsBig Grin

April 16, 2011, 07:52
Tom Brunton

April 16, 2011, 07:52
Tom Brunton

April 16, 2011, 12:34
Tom Brown
I have been trying to find something on the name but so far no luck. It would appear that Hinckley is in Leicestershire UK. Looking there I find several Tomlin's but none with the initial G. & no watchmaker or jewelers, mostly a group that were listed as engineers, boot & shoe machinery manufacturers.

I will keep looking.

Tom
May 08, 2011, 16:28
Norman Mayberry
I have two movements that have the same winding set up.One is a Thomas Russell,the other is signed T.Wordley,London.I think these must be ebauche movements as they all have the same back plate lay out.I've been looking for a case for the Russell for over two years.Norm