Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

G.Tomlin(e?) Hinckley movement jewelled to center "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
This is an oddball movement my friend wants identified ,with an odd winding mechanism with a gear on the movement edge. I can find nothing on the maker however I remember John Woolsey doing posts on this movement type but I can't find them!! Confused any information I could relay to my friend appreciated, and perhaps it will encourage him to join our stalwart band Big Grin Also,I got an email from John Woolsey ,and it seems that both he and particularly his wife, have been struggling with health issues for some time now. I'm sure the entire membership of this intrepid band wish them a full recovery, and many healthy years to go !!! Slainte Mhath,John and the Mrs,my very best wishes for your complete,and speedy recovery, your wisdom is sadly missed here on your old posting groundsBig Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I have been trying to find something on the name but so far no luck. It would appear that Hinckley is in Leicestershire UK. Looking there I find several Tomlin's but none with the initial G. & no watchmaker or jewelers, mostly a group that were listed as engineers, boot & shoe machinery manufacturers.

I will keep looking.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
I have two movements that have the same winding set up.One is a Thomas Russell,the other is signed T.Wordley,London.I think these must be ebauche movements as they all have the same back plate lay out.I've been looking for a case for the Russell for over two years.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010