• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham 16-Size Royal Export "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
thought you might like to see my latest acquisition, in absolute great condition. I have just bought a Waltham Export for the English market, with Swiss Silver case, I think it’s about 1892, running strong and keeping good time, unbelievable for a watch over a 100yrs old, would like your opinion on it,
Best Regards Les

Posts: 107 | Location: Liverpool, England | Registered: November 27, 2009
posted
movement

posted
Open

posted
Ticket

posted
Hall mark swiss

posted
beautiful watch Leslie! love that dial, and the Waltham model 88 is a favorite of mine!

chas

Posts: 63 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 20, 2006
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi Leslie, I've had some Export to England Walthams in the past. I do like that regulator!
This is a model 1888 and has 15 jewels and was made late 1891 and is grade Royal NL. Some were 2-tone reverse movements of gilt and nickel.

Nice all around!

Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Your movement is very Similar to Micheal Fentons Riverside posted elsewhere on here. I copied his image to post here so you can see the same style regulator, plates and gilting. Your crown and rachet wheels have a more detailed demaskeening.

Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
posted
^

Thanks Les, and a very nice watch too!
I think Roland has said it all for you on the movement type, which is just as well, as I know not a lot about these.

Great to see a good old Yorkshire retailer's name on the dial!
That watchpaper must be a bit of a rarity! First Fattorini paper I've seen so far, but I've a few of their English Lever movements and watches.

Nice catch, enjoy!

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006