• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Dutch watch maker Joh.F.Beekman 1890? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Would anybody have any information about a dutch watch maker by the name of Joh.F.Beekman.Apparently he worked around Rotterdam in the 1890s.I have come into a pocket watch with his name inscripted on it and also the name of a school,for which it was a souvenir.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 27, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
John

I searched Watchmakers & Clockmakers of the World 21st cen. ed. by Loomes, no Beekman in it, I will see if I can find anything elsewhere.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Thank you Tom,I appreciate your input.I e-mailed a Dutch custom watchmaker last week (from google) and requested any info he might have and to my surprise he just wrote back.He searched the Gov't archives in Rotterdam and found a watch maker by that name in 1890 and lived at Hoogstraat 271,in Rotterdam. There are other inscriptions on the watch but they are about the workings of the watch and for whom it was made.

Again ,thank you for your help and I hope to find more out about it.

John

Posts: 3 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario in Canada | Registered: September 27, 2009