Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Drusus Watch Information Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
I just acquired a Drusus 18L 13J HC SW/SS pocket watch. The movement is stamped drusus but with no serial number. The case is marked Drusus and has a "snorting bull" logo on the inside back cover.

Is this Swiss, German, or what? It is running, the face is double sunk, but the gold minute hand is not original.

Any information would be appreciated. I can't find anything in my watch books, or much on the internet.

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008
posted
Any chance of some photo's Ken?

Not much shows up on a Google search, but this was turned up:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...t&0&2uswk&Drusus_000

Another site described the watches as German manufacture with Swiss lever movements in them.

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
I came up with this from the same site showing a hunter cased Drusus that went for 100 euro back in 2003.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...ft&&2ustu&1051110010

Roland

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
Thanks Roland,
I came across that to. It appeared to only have 13 jewels, but the case, face and hands were great. I thought it was a little pricey, but was a much better looking watch that the one I had. I appreciate your taking your time to research it. My pawn broker wanted to sell it to me for $50, It needed some work, so I turned him down.

Ken

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008