Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Requesting help with Angelus alarm pocket watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello All:
I am trying to disassemble what I believe is a Angelus alarm pocket watch, calibre SF 125.
The motion works came out with little trouble, but the alarm works are located on the dial side of the bottom plate and there is no obvious way to remove the dial to get at it.
There are no dial screws around the edge. The enclosed photo will (hopefully) show a post, the setting lever and something that interacts with the winding stem (l to r). These are the only parts on the edge of the movement.

I am wondering if the dial is somehow attached by a snap-on / pressure fit and is levered off similar to the crystal bezel?

Brgds
Michael O

Posts: 18 | Location: Kelowna, British Columbia. | Registered: November 04, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
I think you first impressions are correct re; snap-on type. I am pretty sure that these dials are the interference fit type, you must be very carefully prying it up.

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Thanks for your words of advice. I have never encountered one of these types before.
The dial is an interference fit and it came off with some gentle pressure.
Best regards.

Posts: 18 | Location: Kelowna, British Columbia. | Registered: November 04, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
Your WelcomeSmile

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011