• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hebdomas mainspring "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a Hebdomas 8 day type watch that I think needs a new mainspring. Does anyone know where I might get one?

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
posted
Hi I see a cross reference to a Schild & Co. ( not A.S.) clock movement # 101, 8 day, but no mainspring listed.
Do u have any way of measuring the old one if no one else can help
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
It's not a clock it's a pocket watch. I found a place in New Zealand that says they have them and they sell for $36 NZ. I have to find out what that is in US dollars and what the shipping cost would be.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
IHC Member 1613
posted
I don't have one but I think the measurements are 19 X 000 X 40...

Posts: 2003 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi Donald, would you be able to give me the link to the store in New Zealand that has the Hebdomas springs?

Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2258 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
I would also be interested in the web page.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
posted
Okay, here is their website but you can't order from it at the moment . You have to order through the email address and you can then pay by credit card or PayPal. I emailed them to ask if they had the spring and got the reply that they did. Their email address is on the site and they respond very quickly. I got my spring for a total of $43.62 including shipping and it only took 4 days for it to arrive. The watch and spring are now at Roger Nolfe's shop for installation.

http://www.pilbrowswatchmaker.co.nz/

IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks Donald, the information is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Bila

Posts: 2258 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011