• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Anyone ever come across "Universal Time Keeper"? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a key wind pocket watch (1884) with no manufacturer's name.

However the movement is from: Universal Time Keeper #1247447. The case is a Fahys oresilver # S1462. Pat: Apr. 22 1884. It uses a # 5 key.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea who the maker was?

Thanks
Steve

Antique Pocket Watches, watches, clocks, especially carriage clocks.

Movement

Posts: 13 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales in Australia | Registered: December 06, 2005
posted
This is the movement.

Movement

Posts: 13 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales in Australia | Registered: December 06, 2005
posted
Hi Steve,

This is an example of what is commonly called a Swiss Fake.. It was made by a Swiss company during the mid to late 1800's and was designed to appear American.. The case is an American made case and as you can see the Swiss movement will fit very nicely... Some collect these for what they are, a piece of history.. Your's appears to be in very good condition a would make a nice example to collect..

Posts: 638 | Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin USA | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Thanks for that John, I had no idea.

Steve

posted
My friend Steve, just found your message.
The watch you are writing about, belongs to me and still in my house, in Canada.

In this case, how can you tell that you have MY watch and why would you want to know anything about it.

aege128 (Canada)

Posts: 1 | Location: Quebec in Canada | Registered: July 29, 2011
posted
i just bought a lot of PW and i have one of these amoung them, looks nice, will go with my other fakes. like the Lake Shore Illinois 21j...

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

These "swiss fakes" continue to show up every now and then!

The same uncut balance wheel with non-functioning balance wheel screws show up on a model with what appear to be nickeled plates in another new IHC185 topic...

CLICK FOR: UTK on Watch Dial and Universal Time Keeper on Movement

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
For more info on Swiss fakes, check the fat book page 97.

• GET THE 2011 COOKSEY SHUGART'S COMPLETE GUIDE TO WATCHES HERE •

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004