Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need Identification Help !! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Ok I have another watch I need help figuring out who the maker is. It looks like a 21 jewel 16s pendant set and also marked Lambert on the dial.

Thanks Smile

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
This AGASSIZ web site is pretty new (and also pretty neat). Your watch looks just like some of the later Agassiz movements. I believe these were imported by A.Wittnauer.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Jerry but looking at them side by side there is not any shown to be exact match although between all of the models it looks like all the features are there Would this be common to have a little different model for the private name.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
Bob
Who ever made the watch the wolfs teeth suggest it is of very high quality.

I have a 12 size Touchon with wolfs teeth at home and will check it to see if it is any closer to your movement.

Bob

Posts: 621 | Location: Vallejo, California U.S.A. | Registered: July 10, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Robert J. - maybe you didn't scroll down far enough. Here is yours side-by-side with an Agassiz 5 digits away from yours. The only differences are the labeling and the jewel settings. I would feel very comforable saying that yours is by Agassiz.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
IHC Life Member
posted
Well I guess you are right Jerry Thanks Cool I must have missed that one or like you say not scrolled down far enough.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Moses Gingerich
posted
It may be irrelevant, but what is the marking between the finger plates on the next level -it may be on the back side of the front plate?
Moses

Posts: 143 | Location: Waxhaw, North Carolina USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
posted
The marking between the finger plates says "SWISS" and "D" (?)
Tony

Posts: 17 | Location: Konstanz, Germany | Registered: November 29, 2005
IHC Life Member
posted
Says Swiss and then "B"

posted
Thanks Robert! I guess I was too tired to read this little digit clearly.

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Tony,
Have been to Konstanz///What a beautiful area of Germany. My wife is currently in Germany with a bunch of high school kids.
Tony D.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Hi Tony D.
nice to meet another Tony Wink

You should watch the impressive colossal 12meters high "Imperia" statue at the harbour of Konstanz. Walking around in midtown of Konstanz is a beautiful sightseeing tour.
If you want to buy vintage watches in Konstanz, go to the Rosgartenstrasse. There´s a little shop were everyone can offer jewels, watches or other jewellery behind the shop window... Everytime a worth look inside.
Sending you my best regards
Tony

posted
Before I forget this:

Robert, the movement is of that time were AGASSIZ and TOUCHON merged together. If you watch my website of the AGASSIZ movements with its serials, you see your kind of caliber type. That´s the time were the 2 houses merged together and TOUCHON took the leader style of very slim movements like 24/12 or the 17/12. I´m working at the AGASSIZ/TOUCHON history part and need some months and visits to some swiss watch museums to find more out. The Pritchard books are very helpful but I´ve more questions about the relation between these 2 brands and want to get them answered.

There was a nice Touchon website but actually it´s down/closed in fact of selling the website name???
Best regards
Tony

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks for the info I am not at home but will add info to description when I list it.

IHC Life Member
posted
Several of you emailed me wanting to know when I was listing this Watch. To make it easy I am posting it here and hope all who emailed me notice it. Thanks

IHC Life Member
posted
Here is another Swiss watch I picked up in a collection that I tried going to the Agassiz Jerry posted to see if this was another but it is no longer up. The winding gears are no wolf teeth and the bridge tips are turned the oposite way. This watch also a little smaller about a 14 size 18k case with private label dial and movement for Samuel Hammond & Co. New York. Any help in identifying it will be appreciated. Smile

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Rob, we moved the most recent Aggasiz posts into this forum.

Scroll up to the top of this topic for some additional information or just check over the posts in this forum. Whatever you are looking for is probably right here.

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Hey Lindell, I was talking about the web site link that Jerry posted in this thread it is not up any longer. I guess what I was wondering is if others think this movement is an agassiz or another swiss maker. It does not have the wolf teeth winding typically found in the agassiz but I am not sure if later movements they stopped it. Also as I mentioned the tips on the finger bridges are curved the opposite way than the agassiz I have seen pics of.

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Hi Rob - this one looks like a Meylan.

Compare it to Ethan's example in > THIS THREAD <

posted
I think Meylan too. I've had a Meylan signed by Sam Hammond too which helps lock it in. Was Hammond a R.R. inspector?
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
For those interested, here is the current link to Tony's Agassiz web page

AGASSIZ

--> click on the winding bridge to see the different movements

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks a million Jerry and Cort. As usual chapter 185 comes through in helping me again. Anyone who does not think this site is worth its money needs a head exam. Such a wealth of info and as always willing to share.