• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Regalia pocket watch (Cheap as chips?) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello I have an old pocket watch which I am interested to find out any information I can about it.
Impressed inside the dust lids are Swiss 11345,There are no numbers on the movement that I can see,watch is in working condition case is somewhat rubbed down to the brass
Any information would be greatly appreciated, my own opinion is its very run of the mill

Posts: 6 | Location: Windsor in England | Registered: January 24, 2009
posted
Welcome to IHC185 Tim,

From what I can see of the movement, it appears to be a low jewel count Swiss Cylinder type watch.
Probably only jewelled to the balance, but sometimes to the escape wheel.

Generally a fairly rugged type watch, and typical of the mass produced stuff being churned out by the Swiss.
These were often also 'prettied up' by UK retailers, adding their own logo's to the dials and movements.
Being pin set, it could be late 1800's to around 1920ish.

These often fail to run due to dry pivots and fully wound and 'set' mainsprings.

The index lever is shoved well across too, take care if you push it back central to the balance cock, this can often kink the hairspring - then you're Really in trouble! Eek

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Thanks for the reply John much appreciated,index lever moved fine

Posts: 6 | Location: Windsor in England | Registered: January 24, 2009