Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Patek/Agassiz/other? Pocket watch ID needed. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 456
posted
I have had several of these movements and never knew definitively if it's a Patek or from another manufacturer. Does anyone know for sure who made this watch?
Thanks
Mike

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Member 456
posted

Posts: 541 | Location: Mohrsville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: February 15, 2005
IHC Member 456
posted

IHC Member 456
posted

IHC Member 456
posted

IHC Member 456
posted

IHC Member 456
posted
winding/setting mechanism

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
See below for a nearly identical movement I have, except that it is signed "C.H. Meylan." Until your posting, I had assumed that C.H. Meylan made my watch, but I have never seen another 3/4 plate Meylan (even though I collect Meylans and have about 3 dozen of them). It is possible that Meylan just rebranded someone else's movement, or that Meylan is the source of these movements.

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Member 456
posted
Thanks Ethan. Does anyone else recognize the manufacturer?

Picture of Håkon Sandstrøm
posted
The Manufacturer is Meylan.
Lion in a shield facing left is Meylan.
Lion in a shield facing right is Badollet.

Håkon Sandstrøm Smile

Posts: 3 | Location: Moss in Norway | Registered: September 29, 2010
IHC Member 456
posted
Thank you! If you have a reference where you found this information please let me know. I have a book, Clock and Watch Trademark Index of European Origin by Karl Kochmann and could not find a lion reference to either of these companies. (The book has an index where you can look up trademarks by subject, animals, objects, shapes, etc.)
Mike

Picture of Håkon Sandstrøm
posted
I found this information in Kathleen Pritchard`s "Swiss timepiece makers"

Håkon Sandstrøm

Posts: 3 | Location: Moss in Norway | Registered: September 29, 2010
posted
quote:
I found this information in Kathleen Pritchard`s "Swiss timepiece makers"

Thanks Håkon, for sharing your information with us,
here is all the information on the movement you need Michael! very good Tech Drawings.
If your German is as good as my Russian, use the google translator. Big Grin
by the way, the books (2 of them) which Håkon mentioned, are not to be had under $1700,00 !

meylan

My WWW collection is now complete, time to look for new ventures!

Posts: 699 | Location: Hannover in Germany | Registered: July 23, 2009