Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss Stem question: Stuyvesant "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Group,
I have a swiss pocket watch that needs a stem.
The dimensions I can determine for the pin is 0.84mm, for the square is 1.02mm, for the shoulder 1.66mm (all dimensions are approx).
How do I determine the length dimension?
Name on the movement "STUYVESANT" "SWISS", about 16s. "POSTALA W.CO" 7jewels.
Any help is welcome.
Mel

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi Mel,

I think it would be easier to identify the movement with a picture of the back plate and the under dial shot to ensure the correct match. Wink

Cheers

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Here is a scan of Dial (needs repair) and movement with wrong stem.

Posts: 507 | Location: West Newton, Massachusetts USA | Registered: September 10, 2006
posted
Dial

IHC Member 1555
posted
Looks to me like a "A Michel 500 calibre" 17 Lignes movement, best fit part#A17 would be the stem if it is. A under the dial picture would help shed more light on it.

IHC Member 1555
posted
Forgot to tell you Mel that most Swiss stems I have purchased have always been supplied longer in the thread, so you just cut off to the desired length to suit what case you are putting the movement in.

Cheers

posted
Not the best picture I've ever taken.
Mel

IHC Member 1555
posted
Not a problem Mel, it is good enough to so the mechanism. It does not look like any setting arrangement I have seen on "A Michel" watches, so I'm stumped.

From the back plate looks like one, from the front does not, sorry I wasn't more help but I have exhausted my reference library.

IHC Member 1555
posted
I only watch company that used the Postala Watch Co name where "Jacot & Monier".
The trade mark name of(also Knickerbocker Stuyvesant)"Stuyvesant" was used by that firm with Postala Watch Co marking as well. What or whose Ebauches were used in their production I do not know. Go here for more info: http://www.mikrolisk.de/show.php?site=280#sucheMarker

posted
Hi Bila,
Thank you so much for all your efforts.
Mel

posted
If you find your movement on http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/b...cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk

they may be able to supply stem for you. As well as other parts like balance stuff.

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013