Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

H.Williamson 15j Astral Model "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Folks

I am in the process of restoring the above watch and am wondering if anyone can post photos of the dial and hands of this particular model.

My 15j 16s s/n:353567, was made by H.Williamson of Coventry from the early 1920s. It has the 's' in a star stamped on the movement and warranted English.

My understanding of the meaning of the 's' is that
it is the Astral model, introduced in 1910, split-plate. It was made in the Errington Coventry factory, hence the signature Williamson of Coventry. This Astral model was produced in various grades and qualities, the 15j being one of the better grades.

I have attached a photo of the movement.

Gordon

Posts: 184 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: February 02, 2007
Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
There is a post on the military forum with images of Williamson dials:

Military Williamson Watches

In addition to the dials above, I have also seen Williamson watches with various other names on their dials, indicating that Williamson sold to the trade like alot of other English watchmakers at that time. These watches have been in gold plated, silver and nickle cases. The hands are most often like those of the non-luminous military watches of WWI. The commercial dials do not have a number on them.

Best regards,

Greg

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002
posted
Hi Greg

Thanks for the info and the link. I will follow it up.

Gordon

Posts: 184 | Location: Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: February 02, 2007