Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Unusual "Democrat" who made it? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I picked up this "Democrat" watch today on eBay, it is 21 Jewel, in a Canadian-made case and has a 24 Hour Dial.

ANY IDEA WHO MADE IT?!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
David

No idea as to maker but I sure like the shape of those bridges, the center one is so unusual looking with those sharp curves.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I will post better pictures when it arrives. The seller said that it is running. I hope so, that would be a nice restoration!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Nice catch David, it'll be interesting to see some decent photo's of it when it arrives.

21J too, which assuming it's Swiss, is a very high jewel count for the period indeed!

Looks like there may be a trade mark next to the balance, Hope so!
The micrometer index may give other clues too.
Certainly of the ilk of IWC etc!

What a time to snap that one up too ..... Very Topical! Big Grin (Bang on with the title BTW) Wink

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006