WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help needed to identify the Maker. Fusse, possibly French? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
This incredible dial pocket watch belongs to Dear Friend.
His Family had this watch for over 150 years if not more. Watch presently not working. He wishes, that anybody would know the maker, or have any other information that could be given to him he could write a note and pass it on to his children. I have provided some pictures below. If more would needed I will have to ask him to bring the watch back by the store. Thank you so very much to all in advance.

Sham Agayev, CMW

Posts: 164 | Location: Overland Park, Kansas in the USA | Registered: September 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Picture2.

Sham Agayev, CMW

Posts: 164 | Location: Overland Park, Kansas in the USA | Registered: September 15, 2005
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Picture3.

Sham Agayev, CMW

IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Picture4.

Sham Agayev, CMW

IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Picture5.

Sham Agayev, CMW

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Sham,
You may want to start by looking at the link below. It's a link to the reference of VAS in your picture. May have nothing to do with it, but I thought I would pass on what it says in regard to a PLACE with that name. I will search more when I get back home.

Very Beautiful Watch! WOW!

This part is just a reference, most likely not related see below this URL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vas

The date matches: (Nov 15th 16th 17th)

Victory of Bonaparte at the bridge of Arcola against the Austrians. Also a month after he became Commander.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Hi Sheila. Thank you so much. I will do it ASAP.

Sham Agayev, CMW