Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss Pocket Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hi All

The movement is marked Meyer & Studeli s.a. Swiss. It is a 2 adjts. six 6 jewels and a 12s in a pure nickel Meyer & Studeli S.A. swiss case. Any help on this watch. I think the dial is silver with painted numbers in poor shape no hands.

Regards
Keith

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
posted
Movement

Posts: 854 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 48
posted
Dial

posted
This appears to be the same pocketwatch I have. I too have not had a lot of success on getting the history of it. Will add images.

pocketwatch

Posts: 3 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: August 31, 2011
posted
2nd image

posted
3rd image

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
You might check out this Wikepedia listing;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roamer_%28watchmaker%29

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
So I'll add mine with the same dial but with the Tiega name on it.

These have an MST 265 calibre in them. All of these Tiega calibres are quite similar and are very much based on the Tieche-Gammeter calibres that Meyer & Studeli bought in 1916.

These low jewelled calibres seem very much aimed at the US market as pretty much all the ones I've bought have come from there. I'd be interested in knowing the names on those dials.

One of the things I love about these calibres is the faux centre wheel pivot on the train bridge. You can see that there isn't actually a centre wheel in there, instead it sits towards in the bottom of the calibre.

Date wise I'd say that these sit somewhere from the mid Twenties to the end of the Thirties.

Posts: 1 | Location: Outside London in the United Kingdom | Registered: January 06, 2012