Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hebdomas watches. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Another of my 'Hebdomas Patent' 8 Day watches.

This one has a Sterling Silver case, and enamel dial.

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Dial.

J.W.

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006
posted
Barrel arrangement.

This watch will soon be away to its new home and deserved restoration.

John

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi John

Well maybe this will be incentive for me to work on the one I asked about removing the mainspring barrel from, it just sits every day on my desk waiting.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Tom,
I checked the barrel retaining disc on this one, and both the centre post and disc are left hand threads, which figures, because the barrel also winds anti-clockwise.
Not checked my other watch yet, but would guess it's the same.

Best regards

John

posted
I just got one a few days ago for only $113. It has been running for 5 days now and keeping time within 30 seconds a day. It's not pristine with a couple of cracks in the dial and some wear to the sides of the case but I like it just the same. Since it does not say Hebdomas anywhere I'm sure it was made by another company but I don't know which one. It is pin set which makes it an earlier example and it has a different decoration style to the barrel with no medals or guarantee of interchangeability. I haven't seen another like it yet.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
posted
Here is the pic of the barrel.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012